Please wait

CBI says no foul play in Sushant Singh Rajput death case, files closure report

  • CBI closes Sushant Singh Rajput death case, rules out foul play, citing forensic reports and lack of criminal evidence
  • Investigation examined medical, financial, and electronic records; AIIMS report confirmed no homicide, concluding suicide
  • Closure report aligns with forensic findings; case officially closed unless legally challenged by involved parties

23 Mar 2025

CBI says no foul play in Sushant Singh Rajput death case, files closure report

The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has filed its closure report in the death case of actor Sushant Singh Rajput, concluding that there was no foul play involved. The report was submitted to a CBI court in Delhi, marking the official closure of the investigation that began in 2020 following allegations of abetment to suicide and murder. The agency ruled out any external influence or criminal conspiracy in the actor’s death.

Sushant Singh Rajput was found dead in his Mumbai apartment on June 14, 2020. The Mumbai Police initially handled the case, stating it was a case of suicide. However, following demands for a deeper probe, the case was transferred to the CBI in August 2020, after the Supreme Court directed the agency to take over the investigation. Multiple agencies, including the Enforcement Directorate (ED) and Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), also conducted parallel probes related to financial and drug-related angles.

During the investigation, the CBI recorded statements from Rajput’s family members, friends, domestic staff, and medical experts. The forensic examination conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) ruled out the possibility of homicide, stating that Rajput died by suicide. The agency also analyzed electronic evidence, financial records, and call data to determine any external pressure or influence leading up to his death.

The agency did not find evidence to support allegations of murder or forced abetment. The closure report concludes that the findings align with the initial post-mortem and forensic reports, which stated that Rajput had no external injuries or signs of struggle. The CBI’s final submission stated that all available evidence supports the conclusion that the actor died by suicide, and no further investigation is required.

With the filing of the closure report, the case stands officially closed unless contested in court. Rajput’s family had earlier alleged foul play, while some sections demanded further investigation. The Supreme Court had initially ordered the CBI to take over the case to ensure an independent inquiry. Following the submission of the closure report, no further statements have been issued by the agency or the actor’s family.

Ad Image
Comments

No comments to show. Log in to add some!

Other Relevant Stories


CBI says no foul play in Sushant Singh Rajput death case
CBI closes Sushant Singh Rajput death case, rules out foul play, citing forensic reports and lack of criminal evidence





Download The Taaza Tv App Now to Stay Updated on the Latest News!


play store download
app store download
app img


Breaking News