Please wait

Massive fire breaks out at Lucknow's Charbagh Station locomotive workshop due to alleged short circuit

  • A massive fire broke out at the loco workshop at Charbagh station, Lucknow, on Friday
  • "As soon as the information was received around 10 am, fire brigade units were dispatched from Alambagh and Hazratganj fire stations
  • The FSO further said that workers were present at the time of the fire but went out on their own, but many things burned to ashes

04 Aug 2023
Massive fire breaks out at Lucknow's Charbagh Station locomotive workshop due to alleged short circuit

A massive fire broke out in the locomotive workshop at Lucknow's Charbagh station on Friday. The fire was caused by an alleged short circuit, fire officials said.

"As soon as the information was received around 10 am, fire brigade units were dispatched from Alambagh and Hazratganj fire stations," said Dharampal Singh, Alambagh fire station officer.

“There was a fire in the wheel shop of the Charbagh loco workshop where wheel sections were rolling. Trains from several stations were also on site. The fire was caused by a short circuit on a crane used to transfer heavy objects," he added.

The FSO further said that workers were present at the time of the fire but went out on their own. But many things burned to ashes. The fire was massive but it was brought under control and completely extinguished by the fire brigade in no time and there was no loss of life,” he added. Tenders were sent from Alambagh and Hazratganj fire stations,” said Dharampal Singh, fire station officer, Alambagh.

“There was a fire in the wheel shop of the Charbagh loco workshop where wheel sections were rolling. Trains from several stations were also on site. The fire was caused by a short circuit on a crane used to transfer heavy objects," he added.

The FSO further said that workers were present at the time of the fire but went out on their own. But many things burned to ashes. The fire was massive but it was brought under control and completely extinguished by the fire brigade in no time and there was no loss of life,” he added.

Ad Image
Comments

No comments to show. Log in to add some!

Other Relevant Stories







Download The Taaza Tv App Now to Stay Updated on the Latest News!


play store download
app store download
app img