In the early hours of Monday morning, a jute mill in the Howrah district of West Bengal was engulfed in flames. The incident was first reported around 4:50 am when security personnel at the jute mill and residents participating in the Chhath festival procession noticed the fire. They immediately informed the Shibpur police station.
Two fire tenders were dispatched to the scene to control the blaze. The mill, situated on Foreshore Road, became the focal point of firefighting efforts. Fortunately, no reports have been received about anyone being trapped inside the mill or any casualties resulting from the fire.
Fire department officials stated that, at present, the fire has been successfully brought under control. Preliminary assessments suggest that the fire likely originated from a short circuit within the mill. The exact cause will be thoroughly investigated by a joint team comprising police officials and fire department personnel.